[elinks-users] [Bugreport] Galician locales and browser identity

Adrián Chaves Fernández adriyetichaves at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 07:30:20 PDT 2010


I'm just writting documentation for Galician Wikipedia about how to configure 
some browser to have the Galician language in its public identity, so web 
pages can know it and adapt its behavior.

Elinks is available in Chakra, so I installed it to document this. I had used 
it a couple of days before when I misconfigured my graphical system, and I have 
to say it's really great. Compared with lynx (which I had used before for this 
kind of situations), it feels like browsing in a GUI.

Now bug reports:

Galician locale is bad displayed. Or the l10n file is not in utf-8, or the 
browser is not displaying it in utf8. In the first case, I can talk to the old 
translator (I'm one) to help him to write it in utf8, or just correct the 
codification manually. If it's the later, it's your job :)

And finally, looking for a page which could show me the browser identity, I 
found out that when auto-detecting system language (which it does, cool :), 
language is send in the browser identity as "system", instead of the real 
language code. I wish that could change so in the public indentity it reflects 
the system language, "gl" in my case.

Thanks, and good work!

	Adrián Chaves Fernández (Gallaecio)



More information about the elinks-users mailing list