[elinks-users] A script to use surfraw from the go-to-url dialog box

Joe joebsullivan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 08:21:31 PDT 2012

2012-06-25T11:00:13-0700, manolo at austrohungaro.com wrote:
> Hi!
>
> This is a very silly script that allows using surfraw searches from
> within elinks. To search for Wargames torrents in piratebay, for
> example, one would type "!piratebay wargames". I find this useful, and
> maybe some others will, too.

Sorry if I'm replying a bit late to this, but is there an advantage to
do this over using elinks's's URI rewriting?

I use surfraw (usually to pass it to graphical browser, e.g. opening
google images with a list of images) and have some custom "elvi" but
it's just as easy for me to put them into my elinks.conf.