[elinks-users] elinks --dump difficulty

Fabienne Ducroquet fabiduc at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 12:17:58 PST 2013

Le mardi 17 décembre 2013, SUBODH SAXENA a écrit :
> issue :I can only search things in google or  by opening elinks
> browser and entering url into opened popup. $ elinks
> But there is no way through I can dump searched thing directly with using "elinks --dump url" command.
> example If I want to search for "Linux"
> $ elinks --dump 13 "linux" "www.google.com"

Hello,

Does

elinks --dump "www.google.com/search?q=linux"

do what you want? This is (part of) the URL you get when you search for
something on google in ELinks, but if you search the same thing with
a graphical browser you get a different URL
(https://www.google.com/#q=linux) and when you dump it you get only the
homepage.

Fabienne