[elinks-users] Keyboard-controlled selection, copy + paste

ingegnue ingegnue at riseup.net
Sun Dec 21 23:21:46 PST 2014

Hi,

I have a setup where I'm using elinks within an xterm session in ratpoison window manager and I'm using xclip as my clipboard manager.

Is there a way to paste text into a text field from xclip (or any other X clipboard manager) into elinks? I checked keybindings, but the C-v binding that is assigned doesn't work. In a sense I suppose this might be described as importing the clipboard content...

Additionally, is there a way to select text from within elinks using just the keyboard, so it can be copied and pasted?

I've read a thread from back in 2006, where someone asked the same thing, and while it was considered a simple feature to add and GNU Screen was recommended to fulfill the need, I wanted to see if anything has changed since then.