[elinks-users] how to display dark text on white background?

Aleksey Tsalolikhin atsaloli.tech at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 10:21:43 PDT 2015

Hello,

I would like to use elinks to display dark text on white background but I
get grey text which is hard to read on white background.

I use dark text on white background because I conduct trainings using a
projector so I set dark text on white background.

I find this issue has come up before (
http://lists.linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/elinks-users/2004-January/000325.html
and http://osdir.com/ml/web.elinks.user/2003-08/msg00019.html), so I tried:

set document.colors.text = "#ffffff"
set document.colors.background = "white"
set document.colors.use_document_colors = 0

And I tried toggling document.colors.allow_dark_on_black and
document.colors.ensure_contrast but I just haven't been able to get the
same dark on white text that I get in my gnome-terminal.

Oh, I also tried xterm and rxvt, and I just get grey no matter what.

If I change the document text color to blue or red or yellow, that works,
but black doesn't work.

Help?

Need CFEngine training?  Email training at verticalsysadmin.com