Fwd: Re: Setting up DNS hint - LONG EMAIL

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Aug 28 08:29:29 PDT 2001

----- Forwarded message from P Kirk <patrick at enterprise-hr.com> -----

From: "P Kirk" <patrick at enterprise-hr.com>
To: <ian at ichilton.co.uk>
Cc: <gerard at linuxfromscratch.org>
Subject: Re: Setting up DNS hint - LONG EMAIL
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 15:03:47 +0100

Just realized you already have instructions for setting up BIND by Michenaud
Laurent.  There's not much in mine that isn't in his so perhaps if I list
the obvious differences you could merge the 2.

1. URL to download BIND from
2. Overview of how BIND works.
3. URL to download the authentic root.cache from
4. Opening a second terminal and tail -f /var/log/daemon to catch errors.

I ought have checked the hints index before sending it off.  No criticism of
ML's work was intended.

Patrick