Installing Shadow - a hint related to enhancing security

J.A. Neitzel jan at belvento.org
Fri Aug 31 07:30:57 PDT 2001

Hello,

Is this Ian Chilton? Well, I just wanted to send a message to say that
I'm working on doing a hint about Shadow and related Security
Enhancements to a default LFS install.

It's not done yet. I believe a couple of the suggestions I mention might
be better in the book itself, but since LFS is not designed to be a guide
to security I figure a hint is a good thing. Let me know if such
endeavour is not needed.

If Gerard and others decide any of the things I mention will fit nicely
into the book, I will remove these bits to avoid superfluous info.
Duplication is not necessary. Might take a week or so to get it all
together and formatted; then I'll send it to you.

Unless I were to hear from you that I shouldn't bother.
--
Cheers,
Jeffrey Allen Neitzel