Having a problem with boot-cd_easy hint

Darren Eckert deckert at bigpond.net.au
Mon Feb 4 01:09:00 PST 2002

Yesterday, I completed setting up an LFS system
using lfs-CVS-20020202. A short while ago, I began working
through the boot-cd_easy hint. all was going well until I
went to boot from the floppy disk I created. It booted OK,
but when it got to running the create-ramdisk script it
produced the following error:

Usage: /etc/rc.d/init.d/rcsysinit.d/S00create_ramdisk start
 You should not bereading this error message.
 It means that un unforseen errortook place in
 /etc/rc.d/rcsysinit.d/S00create_ramdisk, which exited with
 a return value of 1

 If you're able to track this error down to a bug in one of
 the files provided by the LFS Book, please be so kind to
 inform us at lfs-dev at linuxfromscratch.org

 Press any key to continue.

I have checked that there are no mistakes in the file,
bu t I keep getting this error message.

Has anyone else had this problem, or know what may be
causingit?
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org