new hint

RoB robert_bracewell at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 27 13:50:56 PST 2002

I have just tried this out and it worked a treat.

Prior to using this hint I received an error message along the lines that
/dev/dsp was not available to non-root access (cant remember the exact
message) when using xmms. The same applied when I tried to change the
volume, equalizer etc. All was well for root though.

After applying the hint all works well, even Enlightenment is squirting out
sound effects all over the place.

One area that I did change though:
Step 1) -G should be -g in the useradd command

I only needed to go as far as step 4 though. So steps 5 onwards I didn't
use.

Thanks very much this has helped enormously I can now use this approach to
give access to other areas that are causing me problems by adopting this
approach.

news:Pine.GSO.4.31.0202242006001.26908-101000 at eduserv.rug.ac.be...

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org