XFree86 Hint

Benjamin Montgomery bmontgom at adelphia.net
Fri Jan 11 19:33:59 PST 2002

(I'm assuming I interpreted the thread about where this belongs....)

The errors happen after 'make install' and all come from SIS_* named macros.
I couldn't find where the macros were defined and I gave up compiling from
source. I installed the binaries which installed OK, but when I tried to run
the server it died with a whole bunch of errors about unresolved symbols. It
took some searching but the solution is to remove the following file:

/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/glide_drv.o

Once that file is gone X works fine. If someone figures out how to compile
from source I would be interested in hearing it.

-Ben

"Bruce Dubbs" <bdubbs at swball.net> wrote in message
news:3C3B9D5D.1090002 at swball.net...
> Benjamin Montgomery wrote:
>
> > I was wondering if anyone had successfully compiled XFree86 from source.
> > followed the hint and I got a compile error after typing 'make install'.
The

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org