The Gnomes

Tushar Teredesai tush at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 3 23:30:31 PDT 2002

Larry Lawrence wrote:

> The release notes give the order and compile instructions (which have been
> standardized).  Obviously if these instructions are vague or incorrect, a
> hint would be necessary, but what are peoples actual experience.  I recall
> seeing one compile error question on blfs.support that got a real quick
> reply.

I compiled today using the instructions in the release notes and
everything went a-ok. The installation is simiple "./configure
--prefix=/opt/gnome --disable-static && make && make install". Only
problem was I needed to compile intltool in the begining. Also, if
someone installs things in different prefixes, the PKG_CONFIG_PATH needs
to be set pointing to the proper locations, but it becomes obvious as
the configure script tells u to do that when it cannot find some library.

--
Tushar Teredesai
LFS ID: 1377

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org