Upload patches???

Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee highos at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jul 24 16:33:19 PDT 2002

Yo,

On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 12:11:13AM +0100, Mark Hymers wrote:
> Actually, I'd say that that's long enough to justify a place on the ftp
> server (for ease of use).

I have to agree.  Anything larger then 20-30 lines is easier to just
link to a file.

> PS - I'm quite happy for any necessary patches for the hints to go into
> the blfs-patches directory as long as Gerard or Jesse don't object.

How about /home/ftp/lfs-hints?  All that's generally in there is the
hints nightly extract tarball.  Seems the best place to put the patches.

Gerard had moved all the old [*]patches&files that the hints use to
reference into /home/ftp/misc.  So use whatever you all prefer.

Honestly speaking thou, I would keep the blfs-book and hints things
seperate.  Less confusing :)

[*]: We use to store them up on http://www2.linuxfromscratch.org/

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org