Upload patches???

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jul 25 08:24:59 PDT 2002

On Thu, 25, Jul, 2002 at 11:08:52AM -0400, Scot Mc Pherson spoke thus..

> Also though in retrospect. I think Mark has hit on something.  Perhaps
> the hints could be offerred over the web.That I think would be a good
> idea.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you they already are on the web:
http://hints.linuxfromscratch.org/hints

I'm not sure I agree about the .tar.bz2 being instantaneous though:
ncftp /home/ftp/lfs-hints > ls -l
-rw-rw-r--   1 ian      lfsftp       422359 Jul 25 08:00 lfs-hints.tar.bz2

That's 400Kib which isn't that quick to get on a 56k connection
nevermind someone still on a 14.4k modem :-)

I don't see why we can't just alter the /etc/cron.d/lfs-hints cronjob to
stick the individual hints in /home/ftp somewhere as well.

/me shrugs

Mark

markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org