Windowmaker 0.80 Core

Fabio Fracassi turiya at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Mar 6 04:52:27 PST 2002

On Wednesday 06 March 2002 13:30, you wrote:
> Hello everybody,
> Sorry, if it is the wrong group for this kind of message.

It should go to BLFS-support, indeed.

> I compiled windowmaker-0.80 with CFLAGS = "-O3 -march=i686"
> When I did 'startx',  libwraster.so.2.2.0 crashed.
> With CFLAGS='-O2' it works, perfectly.
>
> My system is not really stable these days,

Might also be a hardware problem.

>did someone experienced
> the same problem?

Thats common knowledge, that somtimes optimizations break things,
in unpredictable ways on certain progs or installations.

> If it is the case: a warning about optimisation flags might be
> useful?

If you habe a look into the LFS-Book, you will find a page which does exactly
this. It is also in the gcc man pages, the optimization hint, and about every
second package doc.

Fabio
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org