the which command - package request

Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee highos at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Mar 19 12:49:12 PST 2002

Yo,

On Tue, Mar 19, 2002 at 03:31:47PM -0500, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> Suppose it's going to be added (not the package for sure, but an alias or
> small script that runs type -p "$@" isn't a big deal), where would it be
> done. I guess after bash is the only place where it makes sense since type
> is a bash thing.

Woah.. guys, chill, 'aint.  Stop jumping the gun here.

There is absolutly no point in the book having which, especially if we
go the cheap way and just use a script or an alias.  If we are going to
add it we should do it properlly and add say the GNU Which package.

However... does it *need* to be in the book?  Like honestly.  Perhaps we
should put more of an effort to make people _read_ the FAQ, mention it
more often in the book during the install process and so forth.

I would feel more save putting it in BLFS (where it belongs, imho) and
having the LFS BOOK reference it.

PS, Ian want to throw the which.txt into the old directory?  No point in
having it in the hints while Seth has it in the FAQ (which explains
things even better then that quickly put together hint i did way back
when ;)

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org