Hints Index

Fabio Fracassi turiya at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Mar 25 11:51:14 PST 2002

On Monday 25 March 2002 20:00, you wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Just wondered if you had ever got the script to support multple
> directories, like the old/ directory.

whom are you talking to ?
I 've no scripts whatsoever, which script do you men, the one to categorize
the hints from Matthias or Simons old commit script?

Now that you remind me. What was your Oppinion on the topic of categrizing
the hints, you didn't participate in the disscussion on blfs, and I don't
want to go on changing things without your approval, since you are doing all
of the work. (I was also very busy, or else I would have asked you directly)

If we want different directorys it is very easy to do, we just have a script
with a simple

For each dir in <hintsdir>
  do
     indexhints $dir/* > $dir/index.html
 done

If we want to do it a bit more user friendly we could also make a SYNOPSIS
file in each dir, and run Matthias script with a slight modification for the
dirs

Fabio