Hints Index

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Mar 25 13:04:46 PST 2002

On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 08:23:57PM +0000, Ian Chilton wrote:
> I think maintaining separate directories for hints would make checking
> in, updating and maintaining more complicated...

A little bit perhaps. But the added convenience for users is a lot easier.

The LFS-BOOK for example says when installing Vim, check
hints.lfs.org/hints/ for hints for other editor installations. Now, if you
don't know the name of an editor you'd never know that 'joe' is an editor.

Now, if the book says "check hints.lfs.org/hints/editors/" for other editor
choices, it's a lot easier to ppl to look at all the editor hints without
missing one or two if they're all conglomerated in one big directory
listing (like currently done).

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org