(no subject)

Timothy Bauscher timothy at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Sep 11 15:32:26 PDT 2002

On Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 03:59:10PM -0400, Richard Bates wrote:
> TITLE:		LFS Update
> LFS VERSION:	Any
> AUTHOR:		shryke	<shryke at linuxmail.org>
>
> SYNOPSIS:
> 	An easy way to keep your lfs packages up to date

[ sorry it took so long for me to reply ]

Thanks for your hint submission. However, I'm afraid I'll
have to reject it do to its simplicity. A hint is supposed
to cover a difficult subject, such as the Java from scratch
and uclibc hints do. They are not meant to hold simple
installation instructions which anyone reading an INSTALL or
README file could solve for themself.

You might want to put the program itself in the hint,
explaining the methodology behind the program, and how to
keep your system "up to date" with it.

Just a reminder: Hints should be educational documentation,
not simple install instructions.

--
timothy(at)linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org