DocBook hint and Perl SGMLS module

Didier Richard didierj.richard at wanadoo.fr
Thu Sep 12 13:10:17 PDT 2002

Hi all

I'm trying to get Gnome-2 up, so I need to get GTK2 first OK.
It is recommended in the BLFS book to use the DocBook hint by Tush to
get SGML docs OK. I installed first parts OK, but when it comes to
"docbook-utils" I get :

Making all in man
make[2]: Entre dans le répertoire
`/usr/src/docbook/utils/docbook-utils-0.6.11/doc/man'
SGML_CATALOG_FILES=/etc/sgml/catalog \
SGML_SEARCH_PATH=../../doc:.. \
         nsgmls ../../doc/docbook-utils.sgml | \
         sgmlspl ../../helpers/docbook2man-spec.pl
/bin/sh: sgmlspl: command not found
   [snip] [lots of error messages then]
nsgmls:../../doc/refentry/jw.sgml:75:20:E: element "OPTION" undefined
make[2]: *** [jw.1] Erreur 127
make[2]: Quitte le répertoire
`/usr/src/docbook/utils/docbook-utils-0.6.11/doc/man'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Erreur 1

A quick search in Rufus / RPMfind says this program 'sgmlspl' belongs to
the Perl SGML module. Indeed, the 'README' for docbook-utils says :

The scripts assume that on the user's system the following is installed:
   - James Clark's DSSSL engine, Jade, and associated utilities like nsgmls.
   [snpi]
   - The SGMLS Perl module

However, that is not specified in the "docbook" hint.Even worse, the URL
indicated for this is at Ottawa University and does not seem any more valid.

Did I miss something or am I doing anything wrong ?
Anny help appreciated.

Didier

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org