rpmlfs updated

Scot Mc Pherson scot at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Dec 17 06:32:45 PST 2003

Just fyi,
I have updated rpmlfs to include the entire dependency chain between lfs to
kde. Am working on gnome now, and will work on servers next after that.

Just letting y'all know.

http://linuxfromscratch.org/~scot/RPM/

SPECS contains the rpmbuild build instructions only
SRPMS includes the nosrc.rpms which contain the spec files bundled with our
patches.

In all cases you still have to provide the pristine sources yourself.

I will be writing a hint/blfs entry for using rpm as a build system. Its not
exactly the same as LFS, though it is 100% lfs compliant, there are just 3
additional packages that need to be installed in chap5, though the build
order remains the same. The additional packages that need to be installed
at the end of chap 5 before chrooting into chap6 are file, zlib and rpm
itself to support the RPM system. Otherwise everything is identical to LFS
proper.

--
Scot Mc Pherson
Linux From Scratch