javafromscratch and motif errors

Gregory Davis GregDavis at umbc.edu
Sat Feb 1 10:19:28 PST 2003

Hi, I am trying to build javafromscratch obviously, and I am getting an
error in regards to motif and libXm-j2sdk.a.  As you can tell, I have
applied the patch from TT that manipulates the name of the lib to not
interfere with the system motif (I have libXm.so.2.0.1).  Well, in the
motif-build lib directory, there is a link from libXm-j2sdk.a to libXm.a of
the source motif lib directory.  Basically the error is this:

gcc:
/home/greg/downloads/myjre/control/build/linux-i586/motif/lib/libXm-j2sdk.a:
No such file or directory

and using "ls -lah" I get:

% ls -lah $SRC/control/build/linux-i586/motif/lib/libXm-j2sdk.a
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           44 Feb  1 12:57 libXm-j2sdk.a ->
/home/greg/downloads/myjre/motif/lib/libXm.a

% ls -lah /home/greg/downloads/myjre/motif/lib
total 16k
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root           72 Jan 31 19:42 .
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root           96 Feb  1 12:29 ..
drwxr-xr-x    6 root     root          14k Feb  1 12:29 Xm

So the link is broken.  Where did the target go to?  I am going to start all
over from scratch, meaning all the way back to unzipping, to see if
something happens when you do a make clobber (which I did after forgetting
to castrate my CFLAGS).

Thanks,
Greg

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org