possible new hint idea

Zack Winkles winkie093 at bellsouth.net
Tue Feb 11 06:21:15 PST 2003

i've been pondering lately on an idea for a new hint on setting up the
nptl threading library in place of linuxthreads. for those of you that
don't know what it is, it's essentially an entirely new (backwards
compatible) threading library with performance far exceeding that of
linuxthreads. the only downside to using it is that you need to have
__thread support in gcc (patch to 3.2.x), use of the HEAD branch of
glibc, and upgrading (never looking back) to *AT LEAST* kernel 2.5.47 (i
think that's when it changed... don't hold me to it though).

as you can tell, the hint would be directed at the suicidal only, but if
you happen to be of the type who would want it, let me know. if i get
enough requests (2 or 3), then i would be more than happy to write it
up. later guys.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org