x hints?

Dagmar d'Surreal dagmar.wants at nospam.com
Sat Feb 22 15:13:13 PST 2003

On Fri, 2003-02-21 at 15:28, Sam Halliday wrote:

> yourselves what he calls that hint; i personally think it should keep
> the '-freetype' postfix as that method is not fully recommended by the
> XFree86 people, but you may disagree!

I'd like someone to show me exactly where someone from the X dev team is
saying that squelching it's obsolete version of the Freetype2 library in
favor of using a more updated system-provided one is somehow bad.  If
this wasn't supposed to be possible, then they should be building it as
a static object.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org