crosscompiling hint

Richard A Downing richard.downing at bcs.org.uk
Wed Jan 22 05:59:54 PST 2003

Nicholas Dille wrote:
> hi everybody,
>
> after having given up maintaining the crosscompiling hint i am receiving
> far too many support requests lately. could anyone please remove the
> mail address as well as the url to rakshas.de from the hint.
>
> i guess that lfs-support is a far better place for those support
> requests as there are many who are actually doing crosscompiling which i
> am not.
>
> tia,
> nic.

Sorry to hear that you don't have the time to maintain this excellent hint.
If no one else wants to do it, I'd be happy to have a go at maintaining it.
I did use it to build my 486 firewall.  I'd probably simplify the hint a
bit to focus more a recommendation to use the Kernel uname hack, and I'd
like to add some ideas on cross mounting filestore to support networked
maintenance of slow machines.  Nic's detailed package by package
information, I'd move to an appendix.
Independant fire at will...:-)
Richard.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org