[danielbaumann at linuxmail.org: Re: updated smp.txt]

Richard A Downing geek109 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu May 15 14:20:12 PDT 2003

> from the guy which has announced interesting in updateing the
crosscompiling hint, i haven't heard something. how long do we have to wait
for an answer from him untill you will update it (nicholas dille as i wrote
before agreed already to update and maintain the hint).

Daniel,

You wrote to me and I replied to you:

>> On Sunday 11 May 2003 18:32, you wrote:
>> hi,
>>
>> a month ago, you wrote to update the crosscompiling hint. now, i updated
it
>> myself. are you still interested in updateding/maintaining it yourself?
>>
>> regards,
>> daniel baumann

> Daniel,
> What you have done is updated Nic Dille's version.  This is NOT what I am
> doing.  I am rewriting the hint entirely to give it more breadth and
depth.
> The draft version has been available on my website for a few weeks, and I
> have had several comments on it since my announcement in lfs-dev.
> Look at it yourself:

> http://homepage.dtn.ntl.com/richard.downing/open.html

> Any feedback is welcome.

That having been said, I have received so very few inputs from anyone to
help in getting the new hint right, so I'm giving up.  What I did get were
just typographical.  So Daniel can do it.  I'll take my work-so-far down
from my website sometime soon.

--
Cheers,
Richard