FAO Archaic WRT the root fs hint.

Gareth Westwood gareth at kibblestone-uk.fsnet.co.uk
Sat Oct 4 04:58:12 PDT 2003

Hi Archaic,

I have jsut completed the hint and everything went like a dream. I have
a couple of comments.

I wondered if it would be worth puting a referance to config_tmpfs and
the fact that under menuconfig it is under file systems. Although after
thinking this I also thought "well that's fairly obvious"

Is there an easy way to delete everything from /dev. I went through
doing a rm -r a* && rm -r b*, missed c, rm -r d* &&. I figured it would
be better to delete the lot and then re-create console, but I am not
sure of how to make devices (I did RTFM but it left me no better off)

I will try symlinking passwd,group etc to somewhere under var and see
what happenes. Watch this space.

--
Gareth Westwood
LFS reg. 7163