Change in the attachment format for hints

Csaba Henk csaba at phony_for_avoiding_spam.org
Fri Oct 31 14:29:31 PST 2003

In article <3FA0BDD3.9070803 at linuxfromscratch.org>, Tushar Teredesai wrote:
> Hi:
>
> Instead of hosting the tarballs (and losing them without having any
> backup - which is what happened recently), the hint attachments will now
> be added to the cvs repository.
>
> The patches will be added to the patches project under the appropriate
> package name. All other files that don't fit in the patches project will
> be added to the attachments subdirectory. See the website for more info
> (please allow some time for commit and regeneration of the site).

(I'm cross-posting this followup to blfs.dev as lfs.hints is not a discussion
list.)

So, such a change should be reflected in hint format as well... Again, I
think of the dialup folks...

I propose having an

ATTACHMENTS:

section where all attachments should be listed (provided there is any...).
I don't think I should elaborate on its purpose... Now it's up to you to
decide whether you like this idea or not.

--
Csaba

"There's more to life, than books, you know but not much more..."
[The Smiths]
***
If you want to send me a mail, see it in the mailto link at
http://www.renyi.hu/~ekho/egyelore.html