LFS Package References hint

TheOldFellow TheOldFellow at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 08:19:05 PST 2004

I have:
1) reorganised my web server, so the link in the old hint wouldn't work.
2) changed to a Creative Commons license.
3) and changed the email address I'm using.

I also wanted to to make the text hint autogeneratable from the on-line
version.  But lynx - dump just won't do the job - the on-line version is
massively interlinked, and lynx just lists all the URLs at the end - the
result is ugly and unworkable.  I'm open to suggestions on how to fix this.

What I propose now is the attached hint.  It reproduces all the redtape
and introductory explanation, so that readers know what is on the
website, but instead of duplicating the material, it just links to it.
I'll maintain this text hint so that the links keep working.

My belief is that the text hint would never work anyway.  To use the
document - an index to on-line documents - absolutely requires the user
be on-tine!   On the other hand we have no mechanism, short of a
reference in the book itself for and on-line hint, so we DO need a text
place marker.

Hence a revised hint.

Richard.