at.txt

Sune Mølgaard sune at molgaard.org
Wed Dec 29 08:36:51 PST 2004

Randy McMurchy wrote:

> To the best of my knowledge, one doesn't have to explain why his hint
> would be needed. You submit a hint, it should get placed in the
> repository. At least IMHO.
>
> However, to answer Jim's question, I could see a need for atd as I use
> Jim's hint and build Vixie Cron on my systems. Could the hint be revised
> to use Vixie Cron as well? I've never had the need to schedule a
> one-time event, hence I've never researched an atd for my systems. I'm
> lazy and if I needed something scheduled once, I'd add it to cron, and
> remove it later.

Hi Randy.

Could you try to build and install the package without applying the
patch? I think that should be all to do it with Vixie Cron.

If so, I'll update the hint after New Years...

Best regards,

Sune

--
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us
with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.