Share your knowledge / search expertise with me

cedric cedric.de.wijs at softhome.net
Wed Feb 11 01:28:46 PST 2004

On Tuesday 10 February 2004 17:25, Pankaj Agarwal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a custom Linux distribution CD. It boots and installs the complete
> gateway server on the machine it is run. I want to know the exact booting
> process and coding done to accomplish the job. Please do let me know how to
> go for it. I am new to Linux and I feel that way i can learn this OS well.
> As knowing the OS well helps working on it as well, i hope you all will
> agree to me on this.
>
> thanks and regards,
>
> Pankaj

First of all, this is a list for the posting of hints. Please post the rest of
your questions on lfs-chat.

Having said that, you can download a lot of how-to's from the linux
documentation project. One of them is explaining the complete boot proces. I
beleve it's called from powerup to bash prompt.

Also there's a lot of information in the hints. Notably the boot-cd-easy hint.
This could answer a great deal of your questions

Hope this helps, and welkom in the world of linux

Cedric

--
No microsoft products were used for this e-mail