Internet connection from LAN

Alex Wibowo beethoven at internode.on.net
Sun Feb 22 16:15:17 PST 2004

Hello...

I've just finished my LFS, installed on my laptop. Network is fine, I've
installed
pcmcia-cs package. Ping-ing hosts on my network works fine.

I'm connected to the internet through an ADSL router. My LFS box can ping
this
router as well. Everything works fine.
What else do I need to do to be able to connect to computer outside my local
network?
Because when I tried to telnet to my university computer, it says :
"Trying xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx <-- resolved IP address
telnet: unable to connect to remote host: Network is unreachable"

it seems to be able to resolve the IP address given the ... umm. u know...
the non-numeric notation.

Can anyone share a light on this ??? Thank you... :)

Best regards,

Alex Wibowo