Question about a pending hint submission

Jon jgrosshart at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 11:42:08 PST 2005

I've thrown together, what I consider to be, a nice hint on installing
and using Slackware's pkgtools on LFS 6.0... Granted this isn't overly
hard to do in the first place but it's a hint none-the-less... I wanted
to be descript as possible so the hint turned out to be verbatum
commands used to get it installed and working. Being a long-time
Slackware user, one thing led to another and it turned into a full blown
script..... :-)

 From http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hints/submit.html

# The hint document is text based. The format for the hints is as
explained at the end of this document.
# Avoid including scripts and patches in the hints. Keep these as
separate files to avoid spoiling the beauty of the hint:)

Well, I would argue that scripts are asthetically pleasing and if your
interested in Slackware's pkgtools, you probably think the same thing... :-)

What to do.... It's formatted nicely and has lots of comments to explain
what is happening... If you don't want to run the script and prefer to
do it by hand, it's not a hard matter to substitute variables for
absolute paths... Should I make a pkgtools.txt with one line that says:

READ THE SCRIPT

? And then have the script as a seperate attachment? Thanks all for any
input....

Jon