busybox uclibc replacement for small embedded lfs

Ted Bullock tedbullock at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 11:41:24 PST 2005

Now that the uclibc and cross-x86 hints are available and the cross-lfs
book is well under way this seems like a good idea to me.

I would like to see this move forward if possible.

For instance the reason I adopted the cross-x86 hint was to build a
lfs-6.1 distro for my 386 computer at home. All went well, and the
system is running along quite nicely.  In fact you can visit a webserver
running on that machine at http://myvpn.game-host.org

However, there are an enormous number of small or old computers out
there that could benefit from a modern lightweight embeddable distro.
uclibc, busybox and the 2.6 kernel could do just that.  I think that
cross-lfs is the natural mechanism for creating this.

Although I don't have a huge amount of time available at the moment I am
certainly available to assist somebody in creating this.

-Ted Bullock