new branch proposal: ELFS (embedded linux from scratch)

Ag Hatzim zkom.xl at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 11:55:36 PST 2005

Feldmeier Bernd(Bernd.Feldmeier at kontron.com)@Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 03:59:30PM +0100:
> Hello,
>
> as there is already a very nice hint about
> implementing uclibc and creating a smaller lfs ,
> the best way would be to collect all this stuff to an new elfs branch
> (embedded linux from scratch).
>
> maybe busybox as default + glibc or uclibc or dietlibc as
> an option depending on the desired image size??
>
> regards
>

> Mit freundlichen Gr?ssen / Best Regards
>
> Dipl. Inf. (FH) Bernd Feldmeier
> Embedded Software/BIOS development

Hello Bernd.

I don't have any executive authorities in these wonderfull projects
L(B)FS,but if i had :)... i surely would be very positive about your
idea.

I am sure there are many people around,users/developers OR *even* companies who will be
very interested for such a project.They just need a warm guesthouse or a permanent roof.
I have a feeling that our community can offer both.

Best Regards.

Agathoklis.