[lfs-support] Update lfs-uefi hint (was: Re: EFI grub.cfg)

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Apr 10 08:24:33 PDT 2018

> The attachment is an updated version based on my recent
> LFS build.

Coincidentally, I just went through the EFI setup last night using that hint and had compiled some notes to update the hint as well. Seems you guys all beat me to it. :) Most of the updates I would have made are the same you guys already did so not much difference there. The only minor one is that I ended up using efivar-35 as that was the version available yesterday. It seems to work just fine.

If I recall correctly, neither the original hint nor your subsequent submitted changes included the installation instructions for efivar itself unless I missed it somewhere. A simple "make && make install" did the trick for me.

--
Gerard