Proposal for network script modification

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Mar 12 11:54:55 PST 2001

On March 12, 2001 02:16 pm, arthur at linuxbox.nu wrote:
> What about DHCP?  Is it a good idea to have a seperate init.d script for a
> dhcp client or could we put a flag to configure network interfaces when
> dhcp is encountered somethere in ifcfg-eth?

Hmm would this list be the right place. I think it's still best to use
lfs-discuss or lfs-apps (depending on the subject) as the discussion list for
these matters and use this list just to ask help about the actual editing
(ie: how to use cvs to update the book, question about todo tasks, etc).

a short answer to your question though: i think that's up to the dhcp
lfs-hint. That hint can give instructions how to modify the standard LFS
scripts to include this. The book shouldn't start supporting too many
features regarding networking. Before long we're adding hooks for pppoe, nfs
and whatever else we may think up.