[Keystone Slip #22] Find instances of rm file && ln -s dest source and use ln -sf instead of the rm

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Mar 13 08:33:42 PST 2001

> I only found the following three files:
>
> chapter6/bzip2-inst.xml
> chapter6/config-glibc.xml
> chapter6/gzip-inst.xml
>
> All are fixed (and if someone tells me how to commit them...)

Change to the LFS CVS tree (the top level directory where intel.xml, lfs.dsl
and the intel directory are).

run: cvs commit

It will scan the entire tree for changes, it will notice that your bzip2,
config and gzip files have changed, will fire up vim (or whatever editor you
have set) and ask you to enter the changes into the log. Keep it short and
simple.

Also, you need to make this change to intel/chapter1/changelog.xml. The
changelog's are sorted by chapter, so find where chapter 6 changelog entries
start and insert it somewhere (the order doesn't matter just keep them
grouped).

No, not all changes need to be listed in the changelog file, just the major
ones like changes in installation instructions.