[Keystone Slip #39] Grammar and spell checking

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Mar 13 21:16:13 PST 2001

On March 13, 2001 11:59 pm, Simon Perreault wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 March 2001 20:01, lfs-book at linuxfromscratch.org wrote:
> > Don't talk in the third person, remove all 'you' references from text
> > (...and you can do this to get this to work ->...and the user can do this
> > to get this to work) <- or something like that.
>
> Why?

Overall it sounds better, reads easier, more fluent. Take any book, you'll
see that almost none write in the third person.

Or we can be different: I can start writing the book by refering to myself in
the fourth person (or do you refer to yourself in the second, first or third
person? I never can keep those things straight)