[Keystone Slip #35] One (or more) packages change mode of /tmp

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Mar 14 06:44:58 PST 2001

On March 14, 2001 09:39 am, Neven Has wrote:
> > After chmod 1777 $LFS/tmp in chapter 4, that mode has changed back
> > to mode 755 somewhere during the LFS installation, probably chapter 6.
> > Find the package, fix it.
>
> Did person (or persons) who reported this use any newer packages?

I reported it myself. After finishing my own LFS system I found my /tmp
permissions were changed. I'm not entirely sure if it was an LFS package or
just something I did wrong when chmod'ing some directories i may inadvertadly
have chmod'ed $LFS/tmp as well.

> I did two builds with slightly modified scripts to try and catch this,
> but didn't find anything.

I'm keeping an eye out too during my current LFS build.