[Keystone Slip #26] Chapter 6-Glibc: find out why mtrace isn't build

Simon Perreault nomis80 at videotron.ca
Thu Mar 15 07:07:26 PST 2001

On Thursday 15 March 2001 05:49, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> Other than that, integrate the two sed commands into one sed command. And
> instead of using sed s|bla|ble| use sed s/bla/ble/ just to stay consistent
> with other sed operations. I've reopened it.

Uh, consistency among sed expressions? Come on, you have to drop some
consistency for overall betterness. It is a feature of regexes that you can
have any sign play the role of the '/', if you use '/' a lot in the
expressions. Often, commands in the book have been changed just because they
saved a few characters from being typed.

I'm just arguing for a useless cause, I know, and I don't really care either
way. But don't let consistency make you forget about what's really better.

--
Simon Perreault -- Public key: http://nomis80.dyn.dhs.org/nomis80.gpg
I know Linux. I need a job. Do I fit your needs? Email me!