[Keystone Slip #26] Chapter 6-Glibc: find out why mtrace isn't build

Simon Perreault nomis80 at videotron.ca
Thu Mar 15 07:09:16 PST 2001

On Thursday 15 March 2001 07:32, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> Now you wonder, and so do I, why not just sed config.make to set perl =
> /usr/bin/perl. I can understand that Glibc may actually try to use perl to
> build something when it thinks it's present. Right now glibc still knows
> perl isn't present so it won't use it, that one Makefile just doesn't know
> (it doesn't execute any perl, just sed's a file and cp's it).
>
> Neven should be able to provide you with a definite answers; he came up
> with this.

Because programs other than mtrace depend on perl, and building them without
perl would cause problems? mtrace is just a script, and we change a
sub-Makefile that only affects this program.

--
Simon Perreault -- Public key: http://nomis80.dyn.dhs.org/nomis80.gpg
I know Linux. I need a job. Do I fit your needs? Email me!