[Keystone Slip #42] Sending multiple commands to listar need a wierd subject?

Thomas 'Balu' Walter tw at itreff.de
Fri Mar 16 07:37:30 PST 2001

+-Gerard Beekmans-(gerard at linuxfromscratch.org)-[15.03.01 20:15]:
> > History:
> > 03/15/2001 14:09 by gerard:
> > Status changed to Closed
> > It's true, i'll show proof

> I never got the reply to the 'lists' command in the body so there's your
> proof. By stuffing the subject with something that's not a command (hello
> works just fine) it will skip subject, go to body and check for commands
> there and you can put them there.

If subject is empty it'll also process the body of the message, I think
I've done that myself one or more times (I am used to majordomo which
only uses the body of messages)

> Unless you can add something to the subject that makes it check the body as
> well as subject that I am not aware of, the instructions as current stand.

It confused me the first time I read it, why should I once use the
subject and if I want to do more the body?

Always using the body (and for those who don't read correct and put
their command in the subject - which happens sometime ->
majordomo-experience ;) would be much clearer.

And writing "hello" to a program looks wierd to me too :)

     Ba-will.I.dream,.Dave-lu