he, she, whatever?

Jason Gurtz jason at tommyk.com
Tue Mar 20 11:50:53 PST 2001

> Since we're getting rid of the 'you' referneces it would be best to stop
> using he or she as well and change it to 'the user' or 'reader'
> or whichever
> fits best.

    Truly, the gender issue is one of the most hatefull aspects of the
english language.  The above method is IMO the best way of dealing with it,
even though the style gets a bit bland after a while.
    I do have to say I've liked the use of the phrase, "gentle reader," in
the past in tech. documents.  It helps keep me at bay whilst pushing far and
long into the night involved in some project.

~jason

--
| Jason at tommyk.com |