About the socalled "you" changes

Thomas 'Balu' Walter tw at itreff.de
Fri Mar 23 08:19:40 PST 2001

+-Gerard Beekmans-(gerard at linuxfromscratch.org)-[23.03.01 02:21]:
> Thanks Balu et all. who've been doing to socalled 'you' changes. I've read
> some changes (currently re-reading the Preface of the book again) and I start
> having my doubts. To be perfectly honest, I don't like it.

Same with me - even if I did those changes mostly...

I really noticed that while reading "The end" and I found that really
nice - as long as we are "the lfs-community" we can and should say "you"
to each other...

I was not sure how it is done in technical english writings though...

> This is not critizism on you guys (heck afteral it was I who requested the
> changes to be made). I just wanted to try it out and see what it looks like.
> And now I see I don't like it. It's very impersonal and distant.

ACK (nothing to be sorry about :)

> Normally I'd discuss this, etc, but as said before I'm in kind of a rush. I
> don't like doing it this way but I'm doing it anyway and I apologize if I
> offend somebody by just doing this. I don't plan to make a habit out of it,
> so don't worry ;)

As long as you don't say the work was bad at all?... ;-)

     Ba-you-lu