[Keystone Slip #51] Change LILO download location

Thomas 'Balu' Walter tw at itreff.de
Thu Mar 29 06:32:07 PST 2001

+-lfs-book at linuxfromscratch.org-(lfs-book at linuxfromscratch.org)-[29.03.01 04:39]:
> In the CVS version of the LFS book you point to the site:
> ftp://brun.dyndns.org/pub/linux/lilo
>
> Yet the developer prefers we use the site:
> ftp://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/system/boot/lilo
>
> At least this is what the developer says in one of the files on the site.

Found the file:

ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/system/boot/lilo/lilo-21.7.announce.txt

Quote:

Source code is available for download from:

   ftp://brun.dyndns.org/pub/linux/lilo          (developer's site)

Or from the main distribution site:

   ftp://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/system/boot/lilo    (please use)

So - it should be changed I think...

     Ba-did.that-lu