Mention author of fixes?

Marc Heerdink marc_heerdink at softhome.net
Thu Mar 29 11:38:49 PST 2001

Thomas 'Balu' Walter wrote on Thu, 29 Mar 2001 16:06:56 +0200:
> +-Marc Heerdink-(marc_heerdink at softhome.net)-[29.03.01 16:04]:
> > Thomas 'Balu' Walter wrote on Thu, 29 Mar 2001 10:54:39 +0200:
> > >
> > > Perhaps just the author, but I think giving some credits would be nice?
> >
> > Hmm... I don't think that's necessary. A "credits chapter/page" would be
> nice
> > though. Everything is changed by the book crew, giving ppl credits may start
> > fight ("I changed more than you... sew you" etc).
>
> Perhaps not give people credits for changing it, but give people
> credits for suggesting improvements for the book?

That would be a million-lines-long file. I vote for a list of active
book-maintainers in the book, Gerard as official editor, and keep the "Countless
other people from the various LFS mailing lists who are making this book happen
by making suggestions, testing, and submitting bug reports."-line in the
acknowledgements.

- L. Flon

Marc Heerdink
marc_heerdink at softhome.net