Device creation and MAKEDEV

Simon Perreault nomis80 at videotron.ca
Thu Mar 29 14:04:40 PST 2001

On Thursday 29 March 2001 09:38, Marc Heerdink wrote:
> This will be the first time I change something in a CVS repository, so this
> is a lot for me. I'd like some instructions to make sure I don't screw
> everything up.

1) Make your changes. I hope you know XML, or that you can understand it
quickly. Do entities ring a bell?
2) Do a "cvs update" when your changes are done, so that you know you are
updating the current version. If there have been changes while you were
working on your files, the changes will be merged, hopefully without
destroying everything.
3) Do a "cvs commit" to commit your changes.

Good luck!

--
Simon Perreault -- Public key: http://nomis80.dyn.dhs.org/nomis80.gpg
I know Linux. I need a job.