Installing ld.so

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Mar 30 18:34:47 PST 2001

On March 30, 2001 05:27 pm, Thomas 'Balu' Walter wrote:
> What about renaming that chapter to
>
>         Installing ld man pages
>
> Or make it a subchapter of "Installing man-pages"?
>
>     Ba-who.reads.that.man.page.at.all?-lu

probably not many. But don't change the name. Although we only install the
man-pages, we are dealing with the entire ld.so package. The title's of the
sections reflect the entire package we're installing, even though we only use
the man pages.

> PS: E2fsprogs
>         ./configure --help|less gives
>         --enable-gcc-wall       enable GCC anal warnings
>
> WTF are "anal warnings"?

it means "nitpicking, every little thing it can find" warnings.