Glibc 2.2.2 (again... I know)

Marc Heerdink marc_heerdink at softhome.net
Sat Mar 31 10:55:34 PST 2001

Hi all

how about a warning: "We don't recommend you use glibc 2.2.2. Although it's a
newer glibc than the version used in the book, it isn't better. Glibc 2.2.1 is
known to work with about everything, but glibc 2.2.2 isn't. Use it at your own
risk. Read the mailing list archives for more information." on top of the
download page? I see too many newbies on #lfs who downloaded 2.2.2 (because
"newer = better") and have problems with it. It's better to discourage using
2.2.2 before users get to downloading the packages.

- L. Flon

Marc Heerdink
marc_heerdink at softhome.net
http://www.koelkast.net/