[Keystone Slip #52] psmisc 20.1 released

Thomas 'Balu' Walter tw at itreff.de
Sat Mar 31 17:02:10 PST 2001

+-lfs-book at linuxfromscratch.org-(lfs-book at linuxfromscratch.org)-[01.04.01 02:40]:
> Slip number -----: 52 (psmisc 20.1 released)
> Child of --------: 44 (Update packages)

I thought it might be a good idea to sort those updates under one
parent - so I made it a child of 44. (Gerard might add a "Quickslip" for
this)

Just to get the correct order to update a package:

        1. put it on packages.lfs in new-in-cvs
           (we might need to get ftp-access then - is it possible to cvs
           binary files?)
        2. edit intel.xml: Change package-version
        3. edit chapter3/package.xml: Change download-location
        3. edit chapter5/7: change installation if needed

Should we update the packages if we did a test-installation of the
package to see if it works, or is it needed to do a full LFS build
before updating?

If we update it asap other developers might find problems when they do
their installation.

    Ba-updating-lu

PS: Isn't appendix A deprecated - the description is the same as in
ch5/6?